New to sewing? Get started with friendly sewing and embroidery resources, all in one place.
Latest in Sewing Resources
- How to Sew a Hole: Easy 5 StepsSewing a hole in a piece of clothing or fabric is a quick and easy way to make a repair. Mending helps prolong the life of garments and is an essential skill to have when you want to take a more sustainable approach to your wardrobe. It’s a skill that anyone can learn with a little practice. Here is how to sew a hole.
- Get Started: Bra Making, A Simple Guide for BeginnersWe’re bringing you the information you need to get started on your lingerie-sewing journey with confidence. Everything from planning your first bra making project, to selecting a pattern, to gathering supplies is covered in this guide.
- Get Started: How to Sew a Bag (Start Simple)Sewing bags is a great place for a beginner sewist to start. It doesn’t require the fitting and pattern alterations of clothing and there is a huge variety of patterns available. Plus, bags are fun to sew and useful!
- Get Started: How to Sew a Dress & Patterns to TryWant to get started with how to sew a dress? This guide provides a simple and general overview of how to get started along with some patterns to try.
Latest in Sewing Inspiration
- Sewing Business: Sarah Markos of Blue Susan MakesHere is the story of Sarah Markos of Blue Susan Makes. Sarah is a creative maker, author and Etsy shop owner. She tells us about her sewing journey and her business – you don’t want to miss this.
- Sewing Business: June McCrary JacobsJune McCrary Jacobs is an award-winning fiction author and a sewing designer with over one hundred fifty-five original designs published in magazines, books, and on sewing industry blogs.
- Sewing Business: You Made My Day Patterns by Amaia Arana“Sewlebrity” pattern maker doesn’t seem to do justice for Amaia Arana of You Made My Day Patterns. Check out Amaia’s story, learn about her fabulous sewing business and fire up your sewing machine.
- Cricut Business: Chickiee Beans by Stephanie HaufskEver think about launching a Cricut business? Or using a Cricut in your sewing business? Learn how you can use a Circut to personalize garments – a fun way to support your sewing business.
Latest Sewing Machines Reviews
- 8 Best Sewing Machines Available Online in 2022Here are our picks for the best sewing machines available this year – from basic to splurge, we’ve got the ultimate list.
- Janome HD1000 Sewing Machine ReviewWe review the Janome HD1000 sewing machine after spending some time with it in a local sewing class. Read about the pros, cons and beginner-friendly features of this machine…along with some things we wish were different.
- Brother CS7000i Sewing Machine ReviewOur review of the Brother CS7000i sewing machine – pros, cons, and what’s different from the beloved CS6000i.
- Full Brother HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine ReviewOur Brother HC1850 Review covers why we think this sewing and quilting machine is a great option for beginners and experienced sewists.
Latest Embroidery Machines Reviews
- Janome MB-4S Review: Do You Need an Industrial Embroidery Machine?Are you thinking of starting an embroidery business or growing an existing one? Then an industrial machine like the MB-4S may be worth a look.
- Brother SE1900 Sewing and Embroidery Machine Review: Why We Love itHere is our in-depth look at the Brother SE1900. Read about the pros, cons and features before you make the investment. Spoiler alert: we love it.
- The Full Brother SE625 ReviewThe Brother SE625 review gives you all the details about this sewing and embroidery combo machine and why it’s so popular.
- The Best Sites for Machine Embroidery DesignsHere is our big list of where to find machine embroidery designs – free, in the hoop, items for purchase, best software to create your own designs and more.
Welcome to Arlington Sew!
We’re two San Diego sewists sharing our love of sewing and embroidery. Our goal is to pull together all the great resources you need to start sewing with ease – all in one place and beginner-friendly too. Come on in!